1. personal information we collect
(1) information collected by you provide
daicel collects personal information when you request information on our site(e.g., by submitting an inquiry through the contact us form), you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
(2) information collected by cookies
· keep track of advertisements.
· compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. we may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. you do this through your browser settings. since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. if you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
2. purpose of use personal information
we use the personal information we collect from you provide directly for the purposes described below:
· purpose of responding to your inquiries, quickly process your transactions.
· purpose of contacting you to confirm the status of a project or status of materials or samples requested.
· purpose of improving our website in order to better serve you.
· to allow us to better service you in responding to customer service requests.
· to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
· to ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
· to follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
· to provide you with news and general information about our goods and services unless you have opted not to receive such information. you can unsubscribe at any time.
3. protect the personal information
we will comply with the china personal information protection law and related laws and regulations, handle the personal information of customers residing in china in an appropriate manner, and strive to protect the privacy of our customers.
(1) we have employed security protection measures according to industry standards to protect your personal information, prevent unauthorized access to, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss of data.
(2) we will take all reasonable and practical measures to ensure that unnecessary personal information are not collected. we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to deliver the purposes stated in this policy, unless the extended retention is required or allowed by laws.
(3) the network environment is not 100% secure. we will do our utmost to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you send to us. if your legal rights and benefits are adversely affected due to the unauthorized access to, disclosure, tampering or damage of your personal information resulting from the damage of our physical, technical or management protection facilities, we will assume legal liabilities accordingly.
(4) in the event of a personal information security incident, the daicel will, in accordance with laws and regulations and without delay, notify the customer of the basic situation and possible impact of the personal information security incident, the response measures that the daicel has already implemented or plans to implement, proposals to the customer regarding self-prevention and risk mitigation, and the daicel's improvement measures for the customer. this information will be notified by e-mail, fax, telephone, push notification, etc. if it is difficult to notify the subject of personal information individually, the information will be announced in an appropriate and effective manner.
at the same time, we will also take the initiative to report the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with regulatory requirements.
4. provision to third parties
we will not provide personal information to any third party except under any of the below conditions. provided, however, that the provision of such information does not constitute disclosure or provision to a third party if it is provided as a result of joint use or consignment.
· with your consent;
· in accordance with laws and regulations;
· when it is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the data subject;
· in cases in which it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the data subject;
· in cases in which cooperation is necessary for the state or local public entities, etc. to conduct public affairs and in which the consent of the data subject may hinder the execution of such affairs; or
· provision upon succession of business due to merger, company split, transfer of business or for other reasons.
5. your rights
· right to access, rectify, and delete your personal information
· right to inspect and acquire a copy of your personal information
· right to limit or refuse the handling of their personal information by others
7. contacting us
daicel chiral technologies (china) co. ltd
date of last update: april 25th, 2023